This is why you always lose your bet [fix it now]
Finding a bet with value is one of the best ways to actually make it. To do this, you need to cast aside that fact that you are a fan and actually think with your head. This article is meant to provide great winning tips on how to win a bet and what losers do that make them lose all their money and run into debts. Read to the end, you betting life will benefit from it.
12 betting tips
- Don’t borrow money to bet: this one is pretty straightforward. Better still, use the money you won to bet.
- Avoid virtual market: this games can easily be rigged by the bookmakers. Don’t even try it unless you are doing it for fun.
- Bet on value: Bookmakers like bet365, bet9ja or Nairabet usually assign odds on win/lose/draw (Ok, it’s a lot more than 1×2). But the question is, are those odds a true reflection of the current states of the team, and the answer most times is No! I must admit though that sometimes, the bookmakers give almost identical odds to the same two teams and thereby leaving you as the bettor confused. Bookmakers are not gods, they often miss that injury, they often bring down the odds close to the start of a match and knowing these will help your case. Try doing some brain exercise, consider two teams and try and formulate your own odds by yourself without looking what the bookies are giving.
- Always learn: Learn from your mistakes, learn from others, learn from the upsets like that of Derby beating Man Utd.
- Bet on the leagues you know: If you are a Serie A expert, stick with it. The fact that Serie A is on a break is not a good excuse to bet on Qatar league that you don’t know anything about other than the fact that Ahmed Musa plays there.
- Bet on only the betting markets you know: 1×2, Asian market etc. Don’t go about betting on corners kicks or who to score first if it’s not your specialist area.
- Keep a record of your bet: this helps you spot mistakes made or understand winning as well as losing trends.
- Manage your money well: If you work, don’t dip into your savings or school fees or medical fees into betting. Don’t borrow to bet. Rather, start small and gradually build your way to the top.
- Improve your betting performance and assessment of teams: Monitor the form of a team beyond their past league games. Are there any injuries? Is there a fight in the squad like Conte’s last season at Chelsea? Who has a red card and won’t play? Are there a lot of games to be played within a short period? If a smaller team beats a big team in the Champions league, they most likely will lose or draw their next league fixture. I observed this with Barcelona a long time ago. I call it the Barcelona Curse, beat them in the champions league as a “small team”, you won’t win your next game. Another trend is when a team plays a hard-fought victory in the weekend, they are usually fatigued during the next UCL game.
- Bet against the crowd: Your ability to identify potential away wins would help the dollar rain in your favour. Most people usually only bet on the home team winning at ridiculous odds but away wins for the same match will be high.
- Follow betting experts: online betting tips and apps can help you to know trends on what you might be missing. But be careful of who to follow.
- Create lots of betting account: Having an account with nairabet, bet9ja, merrybet PaddyPower and so on really helps you to always compare the best bet for every game.
Five(5) Sins of Amateur bettors and why they always cry [fix it now]
1. Don’t be a typical bettor. A typical bettor is a guy who puts in 5k (at 1.5 odd) on a bet and wins. He gets happy and put in 10k (at 1.5 odd) next and he wins. And then he throws in 20k (at 1.5 odd), and hey, dude is on a roll. Next, he gathers 50k (at 2.1odd), puts it on a bet but unfortunately, he lost.
So let’s do the math. Such a guy has won 7k5, 15k and 30k on the first, second and third bet respectively which amounts to 47.5k in winnings. This amount minus his original 5k investment; minus the 2k5 he added on his first winning to place the second bet; minus the 5k he added on his second winning to place the third bet. This amounts to 47.5-5-2.5-5 = 35k in winnings.
Now, if the guy has won 35k off Bet9ja on three bets and places 50k on the next bet and lost, he has actually lost 15k (we haven’t deducted the amount he spends to buy beer in celebration during his first three winnings).
Checking the winning percentage, the dude played four games and won three which means he has a 75% winning record but even with the higher winning record, he still lost more money.
Advice, only bet with what you actually won. Don’t go about betting beyond your winnings. Bet with their money and not yours.
2. Following the crowd
If you follow the popular teams every day: bet on Sarri to continue the winning streak; bet on Juve to win the next 20 games, guess what? You might actually be right. However, the bigger question is what are the odds for those big teams. Ahhha! You can’t win in betting by following public perception. And when I say winning, I don’t mean winning the next 1.25 odds game, I mean actually making money in the long run. Even a child can bet on Juve tomorrow and win but does that make him a good bettor? Absolutely not!
Most people play it too safe, and that’s a poor way of thinking. If it is all easy, everybody will make it in life. In other cases, people follow the crowds. Everybody in the football house says United will win Frank Lampard’s Derby County but they end up playing a draw and you start to curse Mourinho. But Mou is not your problem, you are your problem the moment you begin to play it safe. Small teams will also draw big teams on lots of occasions.
3. Quality over quantity: You want to bet on 4 games in the champions league, 5 on Europa league including Arsenal to win. On Friday, you don’t want to miss out on that single Bundesliga match. And ohhh, on Saturday, you go guns blazing and try and figure out 15 games that will make you money and Sunday you continue the same circle. Oh, I forgot! There is also that Monday night game in the EPL. This is exactly what losers do. Please stop! The key lies in your focus. Stay on only a handful of games per week. Let’s say 5 or 6 games for the entire week especially those that have value and simply enjoy the rest of the games. At most, don’t exceed 10 games in any given week.
It’s madness, don’t bet on every game just because you can watch them all. Find games which you have really studied on go big on them. If you must bet on a team especially those you don’t know anything about, but in only a small amount of money.
4. If you win, go home: See, this is a crazy mistake that lots of bettors constantly make. You have won, and you don’t know when to stop, you get greedy and want to bet on that promising game that you know nothing about. That’s next level rubbish.
As soon as you make money on that game you studied, go home or walk away and merely wait till the next bet that you planned out. Waiting around in the hope of winning more money is a huge gamble because now you are excited and you are not using your head properly to think about the next bet. If you must bet on the next game, take a small amount of your winning like 10% and place it in the next game.
It is also the same way around. You go all out to bet and you lost. Walk away! Some people put 10k (at 2.0 odd) and lost. Then they thought, let me put 20k (at 1.5 odd) and see if I can make a profit. Or they say let me accumulate Barcelona, Juventus, Inter Milan, Chelsea, Manchester City and Dortmund with another 10k and try to win back the money lost. Na! Just walk away whether you win or you lose. Go home, sleep over it, drink a bottle of beer if you want, and plan the next game properly.
Don’t plan to suddenly hit it big after you lost. Gradually get your money back from the companies and when you are now OK, then, go higher again.
5. Losers think that offense is the best way to win: there is something about high flying offensive teams especially in the first 5 games at the beginning of the season. They are scoring a lot, making all the runs, shattering the starts and it kind of builds a mental barrier in the minds of the public. Suddenly everybody thinks they are still going to win the game until the season ends but that is far from the truth. Why do you think high flying Barcelona always have a tough time with Chelsea? Because Chelsea will always break their spirit and their runs.
Look beyond only who will win. Think like a manager and not like an emotional fan.
If you want to see other cool money making niches, click here.